Company 3 members in winter of 1961
(Scroll down to see enlargement.)
Behind them is Engine 3, a 1960 Ford built by H & H of Jersey City. It had a front mounted Hale 500gpm
pump, 2 speed rear axle and vacuum assist mechanical brakes. No power steering.
The firehouse would undergo an expansion ten years later to accommodate a new 1972 Hahn pumper.
(The footprint of the firehouse in the photo is the present center bay of today's structure.)
L to R: Henry Franz, Jess Ault, Bill Caldwell, Gene Tuite (on truck), Bob Tullet, Amos Prescott, Ed Ix (on
More info about the members including highest rank
attained and dates of service to the fire company...
A. Robert Tullett, Chief from 1951-1959 (1948-1960)
Amos N. Prescott, 1st Assistant Chief (1952-1962)
Carl H. Wohltmann (1952-1970)
Eugene A. Tuite, Chief from 1982-1983 (1952-1996)
Harry C. Hicks, Captain for 20+ years, member since 1952
Walter C. Nash, Chief in 1960 (1953-1965), Mayor of Kinnelon 1965-1968
Henry A. Franz, (1954-1961)
Edward P. Ix, Jr., 1st Lt. (1954-1971)
Jesse A. Ault (1955-1962)
Richard Holmberg, 2nd Asst. Chief, (1957-1975)
Theodore C. Hewlett, 1st Lt. (1958-1963)
Howard W. Pember, 2nd Lt. (1959-1969)
William Caldwell (1961-1963)